Second, does anyone know where to find the "pause" button on their child??? If so, I would love to know. SG is definitely in a "developmental spurt" phase, and things are moving soooo fast. Like, crazy fast. This past Friday I sat her on her blanket surronded by her toys so that I could sneak away for a bathroom break. I made it back in about 30 seconds and she wasn't on her blanket. I freaked and looked around frantically for her, only to find that she had shimmied her self across the entire room to where I had some newspapers stacked up- I know, genius child, right! Of course what finally motivated her to get from point A to point B was the daily newspaper... this has to be our sign that she's going to be a genius! She is now a baby on the move, and it's not quite a crawl, but more like a lizard, really low to the ground, and she can get where she wants to go in no time!
So that was Friday, as while we were still trying to recover from the shock that we must now babyproof everything (and actually vacuum and sweep to keep the floor clean for her to explore), she pulls another fast one on us Sunday night. I was able to pull my camera out really quickly to capture this first while she was doing it...










She is oh so pround of herself, and oh so upset that just as soon as she learned this little trick, her mattress got lowered so that she doesn't flip out of her bed in the middle of the night! Every day there is something new. Motherhood is the most amazing, and yet completely terrifying, thing I have ever done. SG is such a joy, and we are very blessed. Now, if anyone knows how to slow this down and keep her a tiny baby for as long as possible, let me know. I will gladly push the pause button if someone just tells me where it is!

awww, she's so precious! the shots of her pulling herself up to a standing is fantastic! so glad you got to get pictures of that!
ReplyDelete